Bakerboy From Lyon

19/12/2013

Daily Grind

Another grind today.
Was feeling a little exhausted still but nothing a good breakfast and a coffee can’t solve. I was baking again from 5:30-10:30..we had a lot to bake and I had a nice rotation so that the time I was finished with one trolley, the next was already out and starting to come up to temperature so I was owning it. Scoring was good and baking was on par. It’s pretty cool that Alexandre leaves me to bake almost all the bread most of the time. I mean, if someone was on the oven and didn’t really handle it, it would be a huge f***up.

Pretty standard Saturday though...knocked out production and everyone started deep cleaning early while I was still busy so by 11:30 we were all done. I got to try a foret noir (black forest) which was good. 
They add some of the maraschino liquid to the cream when whipping the Chantilly so it has loads of flavour. I’m gonna miss being able to try all these things...but only 2 weeks left at Maison Pozzoli now.

I’m thinking about organising a trip up to Paris in my last week but I need to find someone who would want to go with me as I know if I go alone I won’t really want to walk around and see things.


Got home and passed out...and woke up around 8pm. The weather here is getting really crappy and depressing. Ready to get back to sunny SA although I know the weather has been a bit wonky there but still, home is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment