Bakerboy From Lyon

23/01/2014

Fond u


Good day of production today...except for the fact that I weighed of the chataigne recipe with just the chestnut flour instead of the T80...so to compensate we changed the recipe and ended up with enough bread for the week so we just precooked most of it and stored it in the freezer.

I was invited to the official house warming of Alex and his housemate Hugo for dinner so I met up at their place around 8pm. I was a little delayed because there was something delaying the metro and once they got it working there was a bottleneck of people so the first 3 trains were too full: p


Finally once I got there I was welcomed by everyone but luckily wasn’t the last to arrive. In the meanwhile we played some COD Blackops multiplayer on Xbox. Alex’s younger brother is really good and kicked my ass, albeit not too much ...but if I was on a pc I would’ve totally owned him.


For snacks we had some dried sausage (not droewors [South African dried sausage], but saucisson sec) and some lovely sardine pate which was almost like a gourmet fish paste on some bread. As well as some Beaujolais wine (wine from the new season) which was really fruity and light in alcohol.


Finally we got down to the main event: RACLETTE! They bought half a wheel of raclette cheese which was cut up into small slabs, plates of charcuterie including ham, Parma ham, salami, coppa, mortadella, “bacon” as they called it, potatoes and more bread. So there was a small machine with and element underneath and everyone had a little pan where you put your cheese into and slid underneath to melt. There is a warm plate in top which kept the taters nice and hot too.


So you cut up your charcuterie into smaller, bite size pieces and pour the melted cheese over your taters and charcuterie and chow like that. It’s a really cool, communal eating experience. Although one guy mixed his charcuterie and potatoes together and made a paste almost...which looked disgusting and is think is kinda disrespectful to the host and the food but anyway, not my house.


I ate so much though and we only finished after 23:00 so I decided to go straight to work as Alexandre and I had decided to start at 00:30....



No comments:

Post a Comment