Bakerboy From Lyon

07/11/2013

Another Spring-clean


Today was a bit better. But only because William was working as well... so I had William helping me and Rudolph doing all the shit jobs that were boring and menial... and less important so he couldn’t mess things up. I had about had it with his laziness so I took it upon myself to just call him whenever he was doing nothing and tell him to do something or clean or pack something away. He has honestly f***all initiative.  That kind of person is not worth the time... I mean I explain things to William and correct and give him tips because he is at least interested. But Rudolph doesn’t even try to get involved.


I was at the oven today and owned that. I was done with all the baking just after 9 so I cleaned the fournil (oven area) and then set about cleaning and tidying things up. I got William and the sac a merde to do things as well...things that you normally do when you’re finished early and have time for it. Rearranging and repacking shelves and fridges and stores, properly cleaning equipment and trolleys etc.


I wanted to clean the walk in fridge as it had been irritating me for a long time now... it was really siff because every time there’s a delivery, things just get chucked in and no one does stock rotation or cleans containers and stuff. So I pulled out all the shelves and scrubbed them down...made them look sexy, repacked and reorganised things and washed the walls, door and floor of the fridge. Geez, afterwards what a huge difference!! It looked so nice and tidy. That’s one thing I liked about working at Jordan was how often we cleaned everything. It makes a big difference and influence on your mind-set while at work and that way it’s just a little bit of work each time, as opposed to a crapload in one go.


Ah, Alexandre also made some galette de tartiflette...tartiflette is that dish that Alex made when I went for dinner one night. Its lardons, onions caramelised in the bacon fat, boiled potatoes cut up into medium sized chunks and Reblochon which is a cheese from the savoire faire region I think, but it's made with raw milk (lait cru) and is a rind sprayed cheese like a brie, but it’s softer and mellower in flavour. Yeah we used a lot of that J we mixed everything gently while the potatoes were still hot so the heat melted everything and then just pressed weighed portions into silpat mats and put in the fridge to chill.

After work got home and crashed because I have an early morning tomorrow as I’m going to Annecy with Marie (the Swedish girl I met while staying at Fatihas place)


No comments:

Post a Comment