Bakerboy From Lyon

26/11/2013

Goodbye Geneva


I woke up around 6am as going to sleep at 9 meant that I only needed to sleep until 3 am anyway to get my 6 hours sleep. Around 10am tony came out of their room and we made tea and chatted a bit but Emma was feeling sick and threw up during the night so she stayed in bed until before I left around 12 for the train station. 


The weather was miserable and rainy, but driving to the station I still got to see some beautiful parts of the city including small woods which looked like the stereotypical one in movies where joggers get kidnapped J

Waited at the station while it was flippen cold and then off I was to Geneva and this time I found my way a bit easier to my train for Lyon. A pretty uneventful trip, just looking out at the beautiful countryside, even in the crappy weather, with the hills and fields covered in crops of veggies or vineyards varying in colours of yellow, green and tinges of red. Very picturesque seeing a small house and then a massive vineyard.

Once I got back to Lyon I just headed home and got back just before 4pm. To a locked door which is normally left open. This door is the one to a small hallway which then has the door to the apartment. I think it was Chi, the Australian girl who had been staying for the week. She had done it once before and had left that day at 12 so it would have been after Fatiha. If you’ve had a long trip, you just want to get home and chill. At this point I was seriously considering kicking the door in as I was pissed off of note.


Luckily for the door I decided to see if one of the neighbours might have a key of some sort and the one in the level below us did and helped me out. Didn’t really want to ask her as she’s the one who’s come to complain twice already when the shower is left dripping on the ledge of the bath and seeps into the walls and affects her ceiling. But anyway, she was nice to me so no worries.


Just chilled for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment