Bakerboy From Lyon

26/09/2013

Au Revoir Nic...


Today was Nic’s last day in Lyon; we stayed in until after 10am as I had to wait for the two people who were staying from last night to leave. Around 11 am we went out and as both of us hadn’t eaten we had lunch at a brasserie. We both had the menu de marche (menu of the market) but I had the entree and a main and he had a main and a dessert.
Tomato Gazpacho

The entree was a tomato gazpacho which was lovely, with a nice acidic flavour and an underlying sweetness from the tomatoes which was offset by the generous quenelle of what tasted like Philadelphia cream cheese in the middle. The added fat and somewhat sweetness of the cream cheese was amazing with the gazpacho, giving it the extra saltiness that it otherwise lacked.
Nic and I both had a perrache with our meal (the beer with lemonade).
Menu and my Perrache
For main I had the lamb, roasted with thyme and served with green beans and mushrooms and boiled potatoes (probably the best steamed/boiled potatoes I’ve ever had. Perfectly cooked). The lamb was awesome. Bringing back memories of a Sunday roast, the flavour of the fat mixed with the juices from the lamb. It was sooo good.
Nic’s main was the fish which was a small fish, well 3 or 4 fillets with a chorizo and cream sauce and with the same veggie accompaniments. The fish was cooked well and was delicately soft and light which allowed the sauce to really pull the dish through. His dessert was a peach melba which consisted of half a peach (fresh) at the bottom of the bowl, then what looked like a raspberry coulis, vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream with a sprinkling of toasted almonds on top.
We then made our way down to Vieux Lyon so Nic could get a gift for the missus, and I got some passion fruit sorbet from one of the many “glaceries” in Vieus Lyon...terre adelice.
Terre Adelice
Man I love their sorbets that stuff hits the spot on a hot day; then we missioned back and chilled out for about an hour or so, watching videos of Mortal Combat fatalities on YouTube. Then around 4pm we walked down to the metro station in hotel de ville which took less than 15 min, we said bye and then I walked back.

I spent the rest of the day just tidying up my room and cleaning and packing away things.
I’m so bored now though...I can only be on holiday for so long and then I lose my mind. I can’t wait to start working...it’s going to feel good to get home tired again. And then I can maybe lose some fat which I can see I’m slowly starting to get around my tummy. No work is one thing, no work and no Krav Maga is even worse, but no work, no Krav Maga AND no drum and bass...WTF. Even the walks to and from places isn’t enough to use up all my energy. And that’s even without drinking gin and monster.

I think hell is a place where there is nothing to do. At all. There’s got to be dnb in heaven right....

No comments:

Post a Comment