Bakerboy From Lyon

28/09/2013

Nothing special…


Today I slept for most of the day as I was recovering from Thursday. I was just generally lazy and didn’t leave the house save to go to a kebab shop. The “kebabs” are not as South Africans understand kebabs. The shops are generally Turkish run, and are called “doner kebab”. It’s like half a round flatbread that gets toasted then gets tomato, lettuce, onions, sauce aux choix (your choice of sauce) and then the meat goes inside. I think its veal as it’s quite light and it’s obviously not pork. It gets cooked like schwarma meat, but it’s cut into fine shavings with a mechanical shaving tool and so you have thin crispy flakes of meat instead of the chunks of meat that you get in a schwarma. And at only 5Euros is flippen cheap and extremely filling.
Seeing as they don’t have anything close to a garage pie [ a cheap meal / a small pie sold at filling station kiosks throughout South Africa ] I reckon that’s going to be me go to binge food. Only thing is I literally barely manage to finish one...and I could normally nail like 3 pies...


Nothing else special happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment