Bakerboy From Lyon

28/09/2013

Riesling...


Today Fatiha went to the wedding of her niece so she got all dressed up and left around mid-afternoon. I bumped into an old friend of mine while I was at the shop... Mr Gibson...so I took a bottle of him home with me to have with some blood orange juice coz that’s just how I roll.
Although when I got home I instead decided to open the bottle of Riesling that I bought, it was from the Alsace region as I couldn’t find a Rhone Riesling in the wine shop. It was ok, pretty dry and a high alcohol content, but I don’t think it was wooded as it didn’t have that characteristic smoothness from being wooded... it was pleasant enough but i would probably pair it with a fish dish to allow its flavours to come out better. I still prefer the Jordan Riesling...


An American girl was supposed to arrive around 7pm but she only ended up arriving around 10pm. Her train was full so she had to wait for the next one...that’s a bit of a kak (‘shitty ‘ ) end of the deal. She’s from Houston, Texas and studying sociology and has been doing a trip around Europe and France, going to Turkey, Austria, Germany and travelling to Paris, Marseille, nice and now Lyon. When I found out she was from Texas we started chatting and ended up watching sketches from SNL of Will Farrell ripping off George Bush and the axis of evil J

No comments:

Post a Comment