Bakerboy From Lyon

28/09/2013

Marlene’s birthday; or not?


Got up as like normal today and then around 10am I went to a bakery about 5 min walk away called L’atelier de Boulangerie and picked up a croque monsier (here there croques are 2 slices of white bread which I’m assuming are baked in the bakery and not government bread as we know it, with some ham and béchamel inside and then some grated emmental/gruyere on top. They’re made in advance so you can warm them up or just have them like that.) And a tartlette chocolat caramel which had a rustic sable base and this delicious centre that tasted like a Rolo (Soft creamy toffee in milk chocolate cups) kinda if you can imagine caramel and chocolate merged into one. It had the texture of firm caramel but not so far as toffee and with a creaminess from the chocolate and a velvety sweetness from the caramel. Picked those two up for 2.5 euros a piece so not bad...
Chilled in the rest of the day watching movies and then around 6pm I decided to go out for a bit. It was still sunny at this time with a gentle breeze sweeping through the city. Bought two 440ml beers and a bag of chips and went and chilled at basilique (the view point) for about 3 hours just enjoying the sun and my book.
 I then went home and chilled for the rest of the day.

I also forgot that it was Marlene’s birthday...I had even asked her twice the day before and couldn’t remember. I’m just not a person to remember birthdays....I can remember supplier’s numbers and recipes and ratios but birthdays...not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment