Bakerboy From Lyon

25/09/2013

Journal...day 9

C’est mon dernier jour en L’institut Paul Bocuse aujourd’hui. There was no “exam” for the class; however chef and I did make notes so we could give them feedback during a debriefing at the end of the day. The students made pain de tradition, pain de campagne and pain bio. The work was good, but the students’ concentration deteriorated as the day went on.  All in all chef and I were happy with their work but we just gave them some constructive criticism regarding respect and punctuality as well as discipline and maturity.
This morning I woke up in time but then fell asleep again and woke up at 6:20…I usually leave my place at 6am to get the bus but this time I just got dressed and brushed my teeth and was out of the house in less than 5 min.  I literally ran to the metro and got there just as the metro was departing. Luckily for me, all my following metros were departing as I got to the platforms so I got a bus at George de Loup at 6:40 and just got to the school at 7, so after getting dressed I was in the bakery only 10 min late; still... I hate being late.
For lunch today we had an onion tart and main was sole with some sort of herb moussoline which I didn’t really enjoy with steamed veg, brown rice and a sauce whose name I forget but tasted like it had caramelised onions and fish stock as well as cream.

Just chilled for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment