Bakerboy From Lyon

26/09/2013

Just chillin’


Today Nic and I were chilling ‘coz I was still sore from walking all the distance yesterday as I was wearing my red pumas which are flat and don’t offer much support for the ball or the heel of the foot.
Feel the pain!

We went out and walked through the market in Croix Rousse which was PUMPING today...so many old people too, being well, old. So that meant standing in the way, talking...with their basket taking up space too. The walkway is maybe about 2m wide between the stalls on both sides but people just bring their prams and baskets and the mother in law too and take up so much space. No one else seemed annoyed by this so I guess it’s just the way it is here.
This time I saw someone selling dried herds in big hessian bags which was something new for me. There were also a few more stalls and the smells were amazing as always and when we got to the end there was someone doing the rotisserie chickens but they were also doing some sort of curry or something and I just saw chickens cooking in a paella pan with peppers and chillies stuck up their asses. Seeing the potatoes cooking in all that lovely chicken fat made my mouth water...soon my preciouses....soon.
We bought some stuff at the store ('coz I’m a lazy ass) and some washing detergent. We came home and I put on some washing and we just chilled and watched movies and stand-up comedy all day and then later I cooked steaks for dinner and we had them with some salads that we bought earlier at the shop. Reminded me of the salads that one can get at Raith Gourmet.

Tonight an Italian guy, Marco is staying here in Fatiha's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment