Bakerboy From Lyon

17/10/2013

Alma Mater


Owned today!! Pushed out production like machines...ok, it was Alex, Alexandre, myself and Benjamin the new guy (in French its pronounced “bahn-jah-mahn” had no idea at first then I was like oh its BenjaminJ) we were done before 11am. Alex left around 10 as he had to go to school as well.

This month, the special bread that we’re making is with the Sarasin (buckwheat), I still prefer the pain au lin though as the seeds give so much flavour to the bread...

After work I missioned home, had a nice shower and then passed out until about 5pm...Woke up can started continuing on the product list of all the items I’ve made/tried/come across while here in France. I want to combine it with a list of what I’ve done before and have a data base of ideas and recipes.

Really excited about going back to SA and starting the next chapter in my life and career in Stellenbosch, South Africa and with the Hurst Campus. I’ve already started looking for a place to stay and thinking about what sort of stuff I want to make at the school and what I want to teach...
I think the biggest thing for me is if I can help nurture a generation of bakers...which is sorely needed in South Africa and really start growing the industry there.
Possibly help start baking competitions or compete in some if there are, which I haven’t heard of.
Shit’s getting real.


No comments:

Post a Comment