Bakerboy From Lyon

16/10/2013

Sozzled


Today was good. Standard morning...except for 2 drunk girls who were looking for something to eat at 3am and ended up screaming and shouting and laughing until Alexandre went outside to tell them to piss off. 

Above the street level shops are residential flats so it’s a problem when people are going home after a night off and just shout and scream the whole time...if you wanna drink and party and get drunk, cool, but don’t disturb other people...

In the afternoon I helped Alexandre and Mr Pozzoli make some canapés for Alexandre’s wife’s (Pauline) birthday on Saturday. We used pain mie carre (square pain mie, soft white bread) which was sliced lengthways and then buttered as the base for all the canapés. Little discs were cut out and then the various toppings were put on.

We had a cucumber shell with corn and green peppercorns, a prawn with a piece of fresh lime, a salmon mousse with crab sticks, aubergine caviar with a fried quails egg and lastly a garlic sausage with a piece of confit garlic on top. Afterwards all the canapés were brushed with a sort of jelly to give it a nice shine and also prevent it from drying out.

After work I missioned off to buy my train tickets for Switzerland so I’m going to visit Emma in Lausanne for a weekend in early November so I should be able to have a bit of a ‘kuier’ [ Afrikaans for ‘visit’ ] with her.
I was so exhausted that once I got some I was passed out by 6pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment