Bakerboy From Lyon

08/10/2013

Prepping for Alexandre’s Big Day


Today was quite busy in preparation for Alexandre's presentation on Saturday so we were either prebaking or prepping things to be baked on Saturday morning. I prepped some “oranais” which are what we in SA would call an apricot Danish but because the pastry here is so light it really just melts in your mouth and isn’t as heavy as SA pastries.
Oranais
He had so many different types of bread and pastries to do, as well as fill a dossier with the “fiche technique” (technical paper) which stated the recipe, costing, the stages of production (kneading, proving, folding etc) as well as cooking times and temperatures.

There was also an order for a friend of Alexandre’s for 180 mini breads of different flavours so we made blanche, campagne, tomate seche, curry, and lardon and multi cereals.
Alexandre also had to make another decoration piece because the one he did before didn’t have yeast or didn’t have enough so it didn’t prove at all so it was just a long day in general.

When I got home around 3pm I just crashed straight away and only woke up around 8pm when Carlotte woke me up so I showered and ate and then we went out to meet with Fatiha and Jody, her friend who was leaving for UK the next day but I only managed one drink and a chat before I  had to leave at 10pm to head home and get some more sleep before work so unfortunately I wasn’t able to party with Carlotte or say bye to her before she left as she was kinda like a sister and is also kinda crazy and full of shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment