Bakerboy From Lyon

30/10/2013

Squeaky Clean


Today Benjamin was off so Alexandre wanted to do the shaping so he could take note of how long it takes him to shape and divide things. But he’s a demon.
Since he was shaping and dividing and Alex and William were doing the mixing of doughs and shaping, I was at the oven.

So all morning I was baking the bread and did ok except for making a few mistakes like scoring the T80 like the Epeautre which isn’t too bad as you can see the T80 is lighter after baking anyway...but still... and I was so focused on the baking and drying of the pain au lin I only remembered as I was taking them out the oven that half was meant to be pre-cooked...that was pretty frustrating.

But all in all I think I did a pretty good job. After all the baking was done, William helped me clean the glass doors for the oven after I removed them...sweating like a pedo in a Barney suit after that...and picked up a nice burn for my efforts. But afterwards...damn that oven looked sexy with it`s clean windows...how can you not want to bake in that?? I love it when equipment is all clean and sexy looking. Such a pleasure to work in a clean environment.


You only appreciate it when you’ve worked in a shithole before.


Alexandre said when it gets colder we can start burning some of the wooden crates in the wood oven to get rid of them as they don’t get recycled...weird since cardboard and plastic does. Stoked to see that (see what I did there?: p)

No comments:

Post a Comment