Bakerboy From Lyon

08/10/2013

Braderie 2013


Today was the second day of the “braderie 2013” which is like a huge market that happens once a year and is spread all over Croix Rousse. They had flea market style stalls where people were selling used clothes and shoes, old Polaroids, churros, salamis and charcuterie, organic soaps and almost anything you can think of.
market sauerkraut and pork heaven !

oldschool polaroids

I ended up meeting with Ana, a Spanish girl I met at the Erasmus party on Wednesday and we just walked around all over and first sat down and had some raspberries and some beignets (meat, fish, crab, and prawn), tried a tarte praline, then went to the Paulaner bar for a Weiss beer which tasted so good and then on the way home, we passed a bakery where I bought a poppy seed baguette which was so good and I had that with some prosciutto and fromage a tartiner....ah ...little heaven.
Ana

Ana told me that her uncle makes chorizo and jamon so hopefully I’ll get to taste some proper Spanish stuff soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment