Bakerboy From Lyon

11/10/2013

Oktoberfest


Today was good...pushed hard and knocked everything out nicely. Alexandre showed me a cool way to do a form like a flower (I forget the name now), but you take a flute and cut off a piece from the front. Then you divide the remaining length into 7 equal pieces and cut them at an angle and arrange like a flower and then the ass piece and the first piece you ball and place in the middle. You can even decorate with poppy seeds by dipping a small end of a rolling pin into olive oil and then the seeds and then the bread. This kind of bread is great for sharing and you can also make a multi levelled piece by using a flute, baguette and fiscelle for descending sizes.


Alexandre also shaped a baguette into a very distinct shape...you can figure out what it is.


After work I planned to go to an Oktoberfest party but no one responded to my invites and I was tired so I just slept.



No comments:

Post a Comment