Bakerboy From Lyon

08/10/2013

Dream Team


Today was great with Alexandre, Alex, Yan and I all working....knocked that shit out nice and fast.
one for all & all for one
Got my shaping down nicely so there was nice strength and regularity to the flutes and baguettes. As always I had my pain viennoise with white chocolate and pain au chocolat with my morning coffee.
Bonnie has been acting strangely this week, meowing all the time for no reason and at first I thought maybe she needed her litter changed or wanted food etc. but now I think maybe she’s just in heat. It was funny watching her this morning playing/fighting with herself and I even saw her climb up 1m on the corner of a stone wall and doing flips and stuff. I almost thought she had ingested something that she was tripping on for a minute. Gazuese as usual just gives me his usual dumb stare. Shame but he’s cute, this morning while we were waiting for the shop to be opened she saw me at the window and was trying to catch and bite my finger as I ran it along the glass. He’s kinda like the sweet retarded kid you always see in movies. But he really makes me laugh a lot. Lately, I’ve been playing with them with some string and I run it along some bags of flour and bonnie just jumps on top and chases it but Gazuese sits behind the bags of flour and jumps out from behind them like a jack in the box when the string comes near...

Bonnie always has a very serious, predatory look when she’s stalking the string and Gazuese is just big eyes and fluffy tail. Sometimes I think he thinks he’s a dog because sometimes when I play with him and get him to run around a lot he literally pants like a dog which is so funny to watch. Or when he sees me he rubs his head against my hand so hard and is so happy to see me and bonnie has more of the “I will allow you to pet me now” attitude.
My favourite/funniest thing about Gazuese is that when he’s chasing the string, if he’s about to run into a wall (because he runs straight for things) instead of stopping or changing direction he does a sort of parkour wall jump and just keeps going...cracks me up every time.

After the breads I helped Pierre and Alex with the shaping of brioche for the tresse, brioche a tete, galette sucre, navette, boule aux chocolat noir, blanc et pralines,base de tarte pralines. I then helped Jean-Luc and Alexandre with the “foncé” which is the term for lining a mould or base for the tarte abricot and tarte flan and tarte aux poires.
making tarte abricot


We had a great chat about packaging, food styling and photography, presentation and costings...I really enjoy my conversations with him in English and French...

After work I stopped by the Bartholdi statue in place des terreaux and had a sandwich while I did some people watching...always fun. J




No comments:

Post a Comment