Bakerboy From Lyon

07/10/2013

New Guy


Today was the start of a new week and a
new guy was here for a trial (Yan is going to get fired soon...any time someone pisses off the boss every day you kinda can feel it coming). So we blazed through the production and I was all over the shaping, busting that out. I’m really refining my technique and can preshape with both hands simultaneously now with no problem at all. My judgement and perception has also improved which is altogether improving my efficiency.
Alexandre made a bread today with half wine, half water and some chopped up “rosette” or salami and shaped it into a pig which looks really cool. I also made a kind of a pizza later in the day with ciabatta dough that was rolled out into a thin rectangle, and then spread with cream mixed with gruyere and then topped with either 3 cheeses or cheese and ham.

I also helped chef shape all the tarelli which are the Italian snack made with pork fat and either fennel seed or cumin seeds and shaped into rings and sticks respectively.
Today my left knee was all red and swollen as I think I had been bitten by an insect and I know what an inflamed and infected body part looks like. Standing on your feet all day doesn’t help either as all the pressure builds up. So I went to a hospital and was seen within 10 min...gotta give that to the French. I then went to the pharmacie (you see one like every 5 min here as well and bought the stuff the doctor prescribed which weren’t antibiotics as I thought, but a cream that was pretty similar to one that I had and some sterile gauze and an antiseptic lotion....fml. And they have condom machines outside the store too.

Just chilled at home and watched a series on gang history in America. And ate pasta with red pesto and duck rillettes for dinner...coz that’s how I roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment